Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Plot

I would have roots bind together
rather than be apart from the other there.
And would prefer to walk in love with them,
than fall in love.
Falling down.

I would choose serious talk,
Need more milk...pick some up on the way
Be back by eight...can drop that off too
Saw these on sale, to go by the fence
Needs repairing...They'll look beautiful in the spring.
Familiar babbling brook.

I would have between us little cracks start,
separating myself and this person here.
Then would work, tending with joy to the needs
to smooth the path,
so no one trips.

I would choose this simple scene,
supplanted, under sunshine's first ray
the resting place of morning's dew.
Our stories growing beside the fence
like the flowers, to fill the pages of
our garden book.

No comments: